Controlled Environments Author Guidelines
Controlled Environments Magazine® is a printed and electronic publication of technical information concerning contamination control in the biopharmaceutical, life sciences, microelectronics, and semiconductor markets.
We accept articles on topics pertaining to all aspects of cleanroom design and operation as well as contamination detection, control, and technology in these markets. Topics can include but are not limited to:
- Discussions on technologies, products, industry trends, and solutions
- Detailed examinations of trends and technologies in critical cleaning
- Practical applications of tools and techniques that enable effective, efficient clean manufacturing and research practices
- Facility profiles: an in‐depth tour of a specific cleanroom or controlled environment facility
- Research/technology reviews: an objective overview of emerging technologies to improve the design, operation, or maintenance of controlled environments or critical cleaning practices
- Case studies: review of proven design and operational practices that have been tested in controlled environments
- Legal/regulatory features: government, association, or industry policies that affect facilities, manufacturing practices, or workers
The readers of Controlled Environments and www.cemag.us are managers, engineers, technical specialists, and QC/QA professionals in pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, electronics, semiconductor, medical device, aerospace, and other industries.
The article review process should begin with a query or abstract. Please state your topic and objective, and indicate your perspective as well as your professional relationship to the topic.
Articles must be objective and cannot promote a company or its products/services. Contributions from technical specialists in the vendor community are welcome, but must adhere to editorial guidelines for non-commercial writing. Content must be unbiased—inclusion of brand/product names and/or endorsement of a brand/product cannot be considered.
Although exclusive submissions are strongly preferred, simultaneous submissions in noncompetitive markets will be considered on the understanding that authors inform the editors upon submission.
Article abstracts and inquiries should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Features should provide a broad, industry‐wide look at techniques and technologies.
- Articles should be written in third person, present tense.
- Length: 800-1,600 words
- 2-3 images/graphics to illustrate the text is recommended.
- Text file types: Microsoft Word or rich‐text format
- All submissions should include the author’s name, title, company, a 35‐word biography, address, phone, email, and website address.
- Authors are responsible for: all internal clearances for articles prior to submission for publication; all statements made in their work; obtaining written reprint permission for illustrations and data previously published.
Images and Graphics
- Do not embed images in text documents, PowerPoint files, or emails.
- Images should be at least four inches wide and 300 dpi.
- Crediting information and captions must be provided.
- Images used cannot be of a readily identifiable product in the market.
- A max of four images, figures, and tables can be used in an article.
MaryBeth DiDonna, Editor